Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Preparing For My Trip to the DR

My trip to the Dominican Republic is just around the corner and I am really excited! It will be an experience unlike any other and will be by far the longest I have ever stayed outside the country. I am a little nervous in anticipation but that is to be expected. I will definitely be out of my comfort zone a little bit considering that I have only taken one college level Spanish course but I know the experience and knowledge that I will gain will be priceless. Maybe the craziest and most exciting part of the whole trip will be staying with a foreign family who I have never met before for 5 weeks! This experience will greatly immerse me in the culture and customs of the country and will allow me to really get to understand the everyday life of a Dominican Republic family. My biggest fear is probably not being able to communicate with my host family and the citizens of the DR as well as I would like but I know my ability to speak Spanish will improve substantially by the end of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment